JD Edwards, 64-bit processing, and ITCROSS Solutions
Interview with Salvador Esquivel, ITCROSS Project Manager, who led the Oracle Validated Integration process for ITCROSS Solutions.
The Oracle program confirms ITCROSS solutions work perfectly with JD Edwards
EnterpriseOne 9.2 and TR 9.2.3 (64-bit processing).
- What is new about JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 TR 9.2.3 as to 64-bit processing?
The truth is Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne has supported 64-bit hardware, operating systems, databases, Java y middleware for many years.
But now JD Edwards will also enable 64-bit processing for the Enterprise Server and Development Clients, which allows JD Edwards clients to move completely from 32-bit to 64-bit processing.
The move to 64-bit processing will enable customers to adopt future technology, resulting in a technical improvement, while making the most of innovations and avoiding compatibility issues.
- Why is it a benefit for our JD Edwards customers to move to 64-bit processing?
There are several reasons:
1) 64-bit processing enables you to adopt future technology and prepare you environments for the future. If you don’t move to 64-bit, you run the risk of facing hardware and software obsolescence. Then, moving to 64-bit is the cost benefit.
2) Many vendors of several components, such as database drivers and Java, used by JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, offer only 64-bit components. They also plan to end or provide only limited support of 32-bit components.
3) Moving to 64-bit enables JD Edwards to offer product innovation and support newer versions.
4) The change has no impact on processes or our customers’ data. The transition to 64-bit is a technical improvement managed with JD Edwards Tools Foundation.
- Can you tell us which ITCROSS solutions submitted to the new Oracle Validated Integration program have been approved?
We have submitted 3 solutions this time.
- Bank Payments Automation Solution JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2: It is a powerful, easy to use tool which clients can use to create electronic files required by banks.
This tool can be used in any country. It enables you to create the templates banks require using CONFIGURATION and so automatically send payment information to banks.
Since it is a configurable tool, it allows our clients to create their own integration files, make changes when clients have to add/remove banks they operate with, and make changes on their own without hiring consulting services.
There is no integration with banks in JD Edwards with such configurable characteristics as this tool has.
- Mexico Fiscal Solution for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2: It is a complete set of applications and integrations that addresses the legal requirement needs of JD Edwards customers in Mexico. It includes:
- Electronic invoice integration of clients with their PAC.
- File generation of payment complement file for clients and suppliers.
- Automated supplier voucher upload, which enables automatic uploads of invoices. from XML to JDE.
- UUID code automatic update in Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables transactions.
- DIOT report.
- “Pedimento” number entry in purchase orders receipts .
- Automatic generation of bank files.
JD Edwards customers in Mexico can complement Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne localization and simplify their projects using this ITCROSS solution, representing a significant saving in hundreds of hours of customization and design of tax files and integrations.
- Argentina Fiscal Solution for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne: It is a set of applications and integrations which addresses these needs:
- e-invoicing, a legal requirement for companies in Argentina,
- update and automation of Gross Income tax rates of different states,
- other tax reports that complement JD Edwards EnterpriseOne localization in this country.
- How did ITCROSS carry out the validation process for ITCROSS solutions to be compatible with 64-bit processing?
The process was planned as if it were a project for one of our customers, because it was necessary to put together a highly skilled team to implement it. We worked with the Oracle Validated Integrations team side by side, and they guided us along the process. In the end, we all blended harmoniously and built a truly professional team.
Meeting the requirements to achieve “Oracle Validated Integration” status is not an easy task, though. It takes time and is demanding at every stage. ITCROSS planned the work to be done in order to be able to meet the technical and testing requirements, and perform on time and right.
The process is based on the use of an OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) instance on the cloud where JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 with JDE 64-bit processing was installed. All necessary ESUs were successfully applied.
All 32-bit ITCROSS solutions were then migrated to the 64-bit environment and properly compiled.
As our solutions are directly related to standard modules and JD Edwards localizations in different countries, our first stage was mainly functional. We configured different JDE companies, localizations for Mexico, for Argentina, and G/L, A/P, A/R, SOP, IM modules, thus creating a suitable demo environment to test the solutions and show them to the Oracle team.
We ran a full testing plan to ensure the solutions’ quality.
In the meantime, all the necessary documentation, such as Technical Overviews of each solution, Test Plans/Scripts and descriptive Data Sheets of the contents of the solutions, was compiled as required by the Oracle certification process.
Once testing was over and the prerequisite information was ready, we scheduled a live demo with the Oracle consultant in order to present all the functionalities documented.
- What was the result?
We received the approval of the Oracle Validated Integration program for all the ITCROSS solutions that underwent this process, which means they work perfectly in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 and TR 9.2.3 (64-bit processing).
This achievement is essential for our customers who seek reassurance about completely moving from 32-bit to 64-bit without having to deal with compatibility issues with the integrations ITCROSS offers.
Being an Oracle Partner, we firmly believe it is very important to help our customers make the journey towards innovation by minimizing risk. Presenting our solutions to the Oracle Validated Integration program is one way of doing so!